background

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fishing Creel

Ok... is this not the cutest thing ever! Again... thanks to Laura from Following the Paper Trail (you can purchase her pattern for this at her etsy store which can be found on her blog... http://www.followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com/) This is a fishing creel box full of goodies! I made this for my hubby for fathers day... so here it is... (click on pictures to make them larger). I covered the outside with paper that I embossed with Tim Holtz "burlap" embossing folder. Added some embellishments and wa-la. I used the designer calendar cricut cartridge for the letters.

The inside... I used hinges for the lid, Laura does it differently.
I made a fishermans ruler, this was not part of Laura's kit... but I had to add it :) My hubby thinks he always gets the BIG one!!! 12 inches =30 inches in man language! There is also a can of worms...
can of worms open to reveal a photo mat
Here are tags that have bobbers and lures... also photo/journal mats.

I made about a dozen bobbers and hooked them on a real fishing swivel... these are not part of Laura's design. Just added them for more picture/journal space.
Hooked fish :) They open to reveal 2 photo mats. How cute are they!!! Love the lips!


Heres the whole kit and kaboodle :)

No comments:

Homemade Business Card holder

Homemade Business Card holder
I made this for my daughter for a Christmas gift- The cards were for her new phone line- a very special gift.

Business card holder back

Business card holder back

Altered Planner with bookmark & pen

Altered Planner with bookmark & pen
For French teacher.