background

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Work in Progress

I have started my Disney clock, inspired by Laura from following the paper trail. If you can see through all the mess around it... It is not even close to done and nothing is attached yet as far as boxes go. Some of the characters are attached. I just started working on the bottom part... its drying as I type. I am going to add doors and a mini album will fit inside of it. I have to figure out what I am going to do for the clock face on the top part. I made one that is a mickey head, but didnt like it, so I am probably going to wait for Tim's clock die to come out. The boxes themselves are painted black and then I painted them with iridescent medium to give them glimmer, since Disney is a magical place :) Still a lot of work to do. The hardest part is figuring out what to do next. I am not good with decorating, mixing and matching colors, or embellishing, so this is really tough for me. I will post when I am done with it. Thanks for looking! Cheri **Click on pictures to make them larger ** Updated: Added picture of boxes not assembled and unfinished... I just started painting them... this is what is looked like on day one. This is day two: The bottom box I added 2 dividers and a sheet of paper from a mickey paper stack as the background. After the doors and album are added, you wont even see that part. The top has disney characters that I made from the mickey & friends cricut cartridge. It took hours to do those!!!! The donald and daisy are in the back of the box looking through, the front of the box will have a clock on it (a tim holtz sizzix die clock, when it comes out next month).

No comments:

Homemade Business Card holder

Homemade Business Card holder
I made this for my daughter for a Christmas gift- The cards were for her new phone line- a very special gift.

Business card holder back

Business card holder back

Altered Planner with bookmark & pen

Altered Planner with bookmark & pen
For French teacher.